Give this St. Patrick’s Day letter matching game a try with your little learners. It is a great way to practice letter recognition and work with lowercase letters and uppercase letters. This is a great preschool activity with a St. Patrick’s Day theme.
Try this activity with small groups in your preschool classroom or with your child if you are a home educator. These two piece puzzles are also a fun way for kindergarten age students to have extra practice with identifying a lower case letter in literacy centers.
Ways to Use the Letter Matching Cards
Print the entire set of letter cards, but don’t give all of them to your students at once. Here are several ways to use these letters of the alphabet card to make learning fun.
- Put three capital letters in front of your student with the three corresponding lowercase letters mixed up below them. Challenge your student to find the corresponding letter for each capital letter. When I am working with students who are just beginning to work on letter identification of lowercase letters, I put out two cards that have lowercase letters that look similar to the matching capital letter and one that looks different.
- Put the cards in alphabetical order then complete the lowercase letter match.
- Match magnetic letters to the letter cards.
- Put the cards in a sensory bin with mini pots of gold and gold coins (from the dollar store). Use green and yellow split peas as the base of the sensory bin. Another fun idea is to write letters with a permanent marker on the gold coins. As they are found, match them to the pot of gold or letter card.
- Practice identifying initial sounds. “Find the letter that says /t/.”
Download the FREE St. Patrick’s Day Letter Matching
More St. Patrick’s Day Printables
March Number Puzzles
Add these math games to your preschool theme St. Patrick’s Day ideas. Dice games and counting puzzles are popular preschool activities that are so much fun.
March Roll and Cover Dice Games
Your little leprechauns will have a great time rolling and covering the shamrocks or the numbers in the pot of gold.
St. Patrick’s Day Cutting Activities for Preschoolers
Strengthen fine motor skills and scissor skills with these cutting activities that kids will love.
Use this free printable from Little Learning Club to make a St. Patrick’s Day craft.
Try this leprechaun hat shape matching puzzle from First-School.ws
We hope you love these free St. Patrick’s Day printables as much as we do!