Do you have a train lover in your house? I mean trains all day all the time? This FREE, Rhyming Train Printable is for YOU!
How to use this Rhyming Train Printable:
- Download, print, and cut apart each square.
- Start with the Engine. Say the name of the picture that is on it.
- Find a train car with a picture that rhymes with the picture on the engine.
- Continue building different trains that rhyme.
- For beginning writers, have them build the rhyming train and then write the word for each picture.
- Sort the train cars by color. Then, match a letter (from a puzzle or magnets or sticky notes) to each picture that shows what sound each picture starts with.
- Use the train cards for counting practice (the pictures will just be what the train is carrying).”Make a train with 4 cars after the engine.” “Make a train with 6 cars after the engine.”
- Cut the train cards in half (straight down the middle or at an angle) to turn them into puzzles.