Here’s a great way for preschoolers to practice the names of the days and the correct order in different ways. The concept of time can be hard for young children to grasp. These different activities are a great option to making that big concept more concrete for your little learner.
- Days of the Week
- Months of the Year
- Cardinal Numbers
Days of the Week Activities
From printable days of the week activities to songs and games, these printable activities are sure to inspire and make learning fun!
Days of the Week Flower
This interactive activity is a really effective days of the week chart. I like that it is in a circular pattern. It shows how the days of the week are a cycle and keep repeating.
- Print the flower onto card stock.
- Next, print the petals onto card stock.
- Cut out the colored petals. I left the center circle blank in case you want to write the child’s name in it.
- It is a good idea to laminate the flower chart and the petals for durability.
- Apply velcro dots to the chart and each day card.
- Each day, your student or child attaches the day of the week petal to the flower.
- When the flower is full, that week is over.
- Take the petals off and start again.
The petals also come in a black and white copy so kids can color their own petals if they want before cutting them out and applying the velcro.
Days of the Week Chart
Use this chart to keep track of the different days of the week and strengthen fine motor skills at the same time.
- Print the chart onto card stock and laminate it for durability.
- Each day, clip a clothes pin onto the square that shows which day it is. Or you can use one clothes pin and move it over one spot each day.
Superstar Worksheets has this free days of the week worksheet that includes cut and paste skills.
Days of the Week Song
This is my favorite Days of the Week Song to sing. I only use the rhythm. I don’t show the video or make any reference to the Addams family. Instead of snapping we clap our hands or hit our legs or click our tongues.
Do you have a classroom calendar or a bulletin board showing the names of days of the week and months of the year? A Little Pinch of Perfect has a printable set that can be used for your classroom or at home. You can also just use the printable cards that show seasons and holidays along with what you already use.
Days of the Week Crafts
Make a Days of the Week Spinner from Discovering Mommyhood. The spinner also helps you work on the concept of yesterday and tomorrow.
Days of the Week and Months of the Year with Legos from 1+1+1=1. You can just about learning anything with Legos. Love it!
Little Dots Education has free Hungry Little Caterpillar Days of the Week cards. These would be fun to use along side this popular book.
Make a Days of the Week train. Print it out, cut out the pieces, and play. This is a great for train lovers.
Download the Days of the Week Printables.
It includes the Days of the Week flower and Days of the Week Chart.