This Pumpkin Game is perfect for preschoolers because it can be used to have fun practicing almost anything!
- Download and print the pumpkin game template (below).
- Cut it out and tape it to the top of an empty tissue box.
- Use it to play one or all of these pumpkin games!
Pumpkin Counting Game
- Start with 10 or 20 plastic spider rings.
- Roll the die and feed the pumpkin the number of spiders that you rolled.
- When all of the spiders are eaten, you win!
Variation: Use tongs or tweezers to transfer the plastic spiders into the pumpkin’s mouth.
Pumpkin Alphabet Game
- Spread out a handful of letter or number magnets (or puzzle pieces).
- Mr. Pumpkin will ONLY eat letters.
- Feed the letters to Mr. Pumpkin.
- Say the letter names (or letter sounds) as you put them in his mouth.
Variation: Mr. Pumpkin is ONLY hungry for numbers. Name the number as you feed it to him or feed him in order from 1 to 10.
Pumpkin Shapes Game
- Use shaped blocks or buttons.
- Mr. Pumpkin loves to eat shapes.
- Name each shape as you feed Mr. Pumpkin.
Variation: Name the color as you feed it to Mr. Pumpkin.
Pumpkin Letter Sounds Game
- Mr. Pumpkin is hungry for letters!
- Say the sound of each letter as you feed it to him.
Variation: Only feed him the yellow letters. Say the sound as you feed it to him.Variation: Feed the letters to him in alphabetical order.
- Write your child’s sight words on index cards. Read the word and feed it to Mr. Pumpkin. Add these sight word coloring pages for extra practice.
- Write and feed each of your spelling words to Mr. Pumpkin.
Download the Tissue Box Pumpkin Game
Print, cut, and play!